Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Average


So I know it has been awhile. Mostly due to the openness I have been expressing on the other blog and many thoughts that have gone through my head but then have left before being expressed. But today I am happy to say I am average. See for a long time I struggled with being average. I am the average height, average weight, average student, average friend, average wife, average person. I wanted to be more then average. I wanted to be Amazing and Beautiful and Wonderful. I recently found the definition of average as typical, common; ordinary. hhuummm nope that's not really me. My Personality is not typical, common or ordinary I mean have you met me. I am eccentric, intense and I LOVE LIFE. I can't help from smiling even when I haven't slept more then a few hours in days. Am doing crazy school assignments and am stressed beyond sanity and yet, I LOVE Life. That my dear friends is not average. I recently had a little lesson from God. When I was in high school I received a necklace from my father. It was gold had a pearl and a diamond. When I received the gift I remember thinking, dad that is so nice of you and I was really excited but it really was not my style. But I loved it. Every time I wear that necklace I think of my dad picking it out just for me. Even though it wasn't what I may have picked for myself I loved it because he chose it for me. Well the parallel it that my Heavenly Father picked things for me too. When he created me he picked my hair, my eyes, my body type my brain, my personality, my family and everything else. He knows us so well and knows what we need even if it is not what we would pick for ourselves. He knows that I would love and appreciate the wonderful flavors of good food. He blessed me with a body that would teach me to eat healthy and that I would not be able to get away with eating whatever I wanted. I am very careful of what I eat and have a very strong and healthy body. If he would have given me a skinny body and I could get away with eating really bad stuff I probably would have. I am grateful for the body he gave me. I am also grateful for the brain that he gave me. It works very different then most. This has opened many doors for me and has made me develop a great work ethic in order to learn. I hope that some day I will be a wonderful professor because of the experiences I have had through out my education. I may not be a straight A student but it is not due to lack of effort. Much like the necklace from my father I am learning to love what my Heavenly Father gives me. So I may still often think that I am average but I can't be. We are not like mathematical terms where we can be placed in the center of a group of numbers. We are all unique and individually made so there is no chart that we can all fall onto and be determined as average. So all that being said I will take my calculated average grades and say welcome to how the world works. Good thing I know my Heavenly Father.

I will have to post a picture later

1 comment: