Sunday, September 11, 2011
10 years after 9/11
Over the past 10 years I have avoided the media in the days prior to 9-11. I guess I have felt that my memories are so vivid that I don't want to have them become even more crisp with footage being repeated over and over again. I have the fear of being over taken with emotion and sadness again. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch any films depicting that day. I am not sure what has hit me the most on the 10th anniversary if it is how long it has been or the continued learning and realization of what truly happened. In my studies of Architecture and skyscrapers there is so much power given to the strength of steel. Although it still needs fireproofing my understanding of how the towers burned and fell just over takes me. Then the emotion of a group of people doing such a thing. I will never forget my feelings and experiences that surround 9-11. I visited ground zero once on July 3, 2009 and couldn't comprehend what I was feeling. I hope to be able to return again to see the memorial. I can't find the words to continue my feelings so I will end with we love you, we miss you and God Speed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment