Monday, November 30, 2009

She's Got Baggage

Things in the life of me have been getting interesting. So recently I have been struggling with the fact that I have so many things I have found I have never processed. I guess when you are a teenage girl being emotional and insecure is just part of life. It is even easy to justify things for a few years after. I guess turning 25 this year has made me think a lot over the past 6 months. My wonderful Life/Education coach has helped me realize many things about myself. I am ALWAYS taring myself down and I have a VERY twisted view of how other people see me. I wrote it all down a few days ago and WOW!!! I have a lot of things I haven't processed from my past that often come up in other situations and which make things that aren't a big deal blow up, do to the links that I make with my past. I kept telling myself I shouldn't feel this way I am 25 years old. I am a grown up why can't I just let things go...? Oh but Its the layers yes I am an onion with layers. Growing up in such a wonderful home never made me question my happiness. I have never been depressed but oh the HURT that has been caused by people outside my family is truly something that must be dealt with. It's amazing how vivid some memories are to me. As if they happened yesterday even though it happened when I was 10 years old which if you do the math you will see is 15 years ago and all the Hurt and Sadness is still there. Has never been dealt with. So here I am at 25 realizing I have a lot of things to work through. It will take time and it will be painful but I Love the 25 year old me she is smart, beautiful and loving. It is the younger me who believes none of these things are true. She believes I am ugly, worthless and Weird. Thanks to the unkind people in my life.

First thing on the todo list
Only Keep the Company of Good Friends

1 comment:

  1. I think that everyone has defining moments when they see that their past has caused issues or made a situation more tough. Good for you to identify and work through it! That is hard, expecially for women! If we all keep working at it, we will become happy, refined women!

    ReplyDelete